Yes, You Can Afford a Private Christian School: Here’s How
Giving your child the best education possible is one of the most rewarding things you can do as a parent.
It’s easy to decide on any school, but you don’t just want just any school — you’re looking for a learning environment that will build up your child’s faith, while preparing them for the academic challenges ahead.
So, you’ve done your research. And you’ve spent some time thinking through your options. You want to enroll your child in a private Christian school! However, there are still questions surrounding this decision.
- Can we afford it?
- What should we know about financial aid?
- How do we get started?
At Gaston Christian School – Shelby Campus, we provide valuable information about affording a private Christian education. Read below to learn more.
How To Afford a Christian School: A Guide for Parents
We’re new to the private school world. What do we need to know about financial assistance?
First of all, we’re so glad you’re considering enrolling your child in a private Christian school. We understand that you may be new to this process — and we’re here to help!
Like many private schools, Gaston Christian School – Shelby offers financial aid options for families through FACTS. After enrollment, parents can access the online application in the platform to submit tax returns, W-2 forms, and other supporting documentation surrounding income. Learn more about tuition assistance at GCS here.
Family income determines tuition aid amounts, so we encourage families to submit all required documentation to receive appropriate financial assistance.
Explore what’s possible at Gaston Christian School
As you continue your search for a private Christian school in Cleveland County, we invite you to take a closer look at GCS Shelby Campus with our parent guide. Learn more about our Christ-centered programs, teaching philosophy, and caring community where your child will thrive.
Are there scholarship opportunities available?
Yes! We accept eligible families through the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship Program (available for K-12 students). This scholarship allows qualified families to receive up to $6,492 per child.
Below, you’ll find some of the requirements to apply for the Opportunity Scholarship Program:
- Families must meet the income requirements.
- Applicant students must be at least five years old by August 31 or four years old by April 16, and approved for kindergarten in NC guidelines.
- The student lives in North Carolina.
- The student has not graduated high school.
For more information on the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship or to start your application, please visit the official website.
What other forms of financial assistance are available?
Great news — many private Christian schools offer various discounts for enrolled siblings and those with parents as ministers or members of the U.S. armed forces.
At Gaston Christian School, we do our best to make it possible for families to afford quality education. Below is a list of our discounts available for those who qualify:
- Family Discount: A 10% discount is given for the second and succeeding child enrolled at GCS from K-12.
- Minister’s Discount: Fully-ordained ministers can receive up to 50% of tuition discount per child for K-12. Find the application link here.
- Referral Stipend: Current school families can receive a $250 credit per new family referred to GCS. Find the referral form here.
- Military Discount: A 10% discount is applied to a student’s tuition if one parent is an active duty military member. Find the application link here.
- Legacy Discount: GCS alumni parents can receive up to $1,200 per student enrolled. Read more about other non-full time students’ Legacy Discounts here.
Searching for a private Christian school in Cleveland County, NC?
As you gain insight on how to afford a Christian school, we hope that you found our resources helpful. We’re ready to answer any questions you may have about GCS Shelby Campus. Please contact us at (980) 484-3888. We look forward to hearing from you!