QUICK PAGE LINKS
– All applicants must submit a complete application packet for each child with the Application fee of $250. A refund of 50% will be issued only if student is not offered enrollment.
– Students entering Preschool must be the age of their class by August 31st and should show an overall readiness to begin Preschool.
– Once the completed packet has been received, you will be contacted to schedule an on campus visit and family interview.
– Decision letters will be mailed within one week of the interview.
– All preschool students must be fully potty trained.
Kindergarten & Elementary Applicants
– All applicants must submit a complete application packet with Application/Registration fee of $350. A refund of 50% will be issued only if student is not offered enrollment.
– Students entering Kindergarten must meet the minimum age requirement (age 5 on or before August 31st) and should show an overall readiness to begin school.
– Students entering 1st grade through 5th grade will be required to submit a copy of their most recent report card and standardized test score. Teacher recommendation forms from their current school are also required.
– Once the completed application packet is received, you will be contacted to schedule admissions testing, an on campus visit, and a family interview.
– Decision letters will be mailed within one week of the testing.
– If the student has an IEP or 504 plan, we must have copies of the diagnosis and plan. We will determine if we have adequate resources for your child’s success in learning.
– We do not offer in-class shadowing, but can provide a guided tour of the classes.
Middle & High School Applicants
– All applicants must submit a complete application packet with Application/Registration fee of $350. A refund of 50% will be issued if student is not offered enrollment.
– Once the completed packet is received, you will be contacted to schedule admissions testing, an on campus visit, and a family interview.
– Middle School and High School students will be required to submit a copy of their most recent report card and standardized test scores. Teacher recommendation forms and pastor recommendation forms are also required.
– Decision letters will be mailed within one week of testing.
– If student has an IEP or 504 plan, we must have copies of the diagnosis and plan. We will determine if we have adequate resources for your child’s success in learning.
– We do not offer in-class shadowing, but can provide a guided tour of the classes.
– Rarely are students admitted into High School after the first four weeks of the school year. In addition, students are rarely admitted for their senior year of high school.
The Admission process for each grade level has slightly different requirements: however, they share a common goal. We want to get to know your child and your family. The admissions standards of Gaston Christian School are designed to help identify students who will likely be successful in this type of program. The following criteria is used when evaluating student applications:
- Aptitude and/or academic achievement in the average to above average range
- Age-appropriate development, socially and emotionally
- Amenable to instruction and correction
- Desire to attend Gaston Christian School
- Parents/guardians who are supportive of the school, the Statement of Faith and Mission Statement
*Due solely to the limited resources of the school, we regret that we are not equipped to meet the needs of students who may require unique or specialized learning programs. If your student has an IEP or special learning plan, we will need complete documentation to determine if we can meet your child’s needs for success in learning.
Gaston Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid, athletic, and other school administered programs.
TUITION / YEAR
Preschool – 3 Days (M-W-F)
$3168 (Half Day)
$4140 (Full Day)
Preschool – 5 Days
$3840 (Half Day)
$5520 (Full Day)
Half Day Kindergarten
Full Day Kindergarten
Elementary (Grades 1-5)
$125 – Technology Fee (4th & 5th grades)
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
$125 – Technology Fee
High School (Grades 9-12)
$125 – Technology Fee
1st & 2nd Year Enrolled
3rd Year Enrolled & Following
Fees for Advanced Placement courses (Grades 11 and 12) are $190 per course and include the cost of the exam. Band participants (Grades 5-8) pay $185 per year for instructional fees. Band and AP course fees are not charged until the classes begin and may be added to your normal billing cycle from the time the class starts until the end of the school year.
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE
BEFORE SCHOOL CARE (Available school days for grades Preschool – 5)
- Preschool: 7:15 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Kindergarten: 7:15 a.m. – 7:45 a.m.
- Grades 1-5: 7:15 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
Students in before school care are supervised by a teacher from the time they are dropped off until they are allowed to enter their classroom. They may enter their classrooms thirty minutes before class begins. Before School Care is charged for the actual time used based on $6.50 per hour.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
(Available school days for grades Preschool – 8th grade)
After School Care is billed for the actual time used at a rate of $6.50 per hour. The total billed per month for Before School Care and After School Care combined will not exceed the maximum rates listed below.
- Preschool and Kindergarten students picked up by 6:00 p.m. each day – not to exceed $350 per month.
- Elementary students picked up by 6:00 p.m. each day – not to exceed $290 per month
- Grades 6-8 students picked up by 6:00 p.m. each day – not to exceed $145 per month
- No after-school care is provided for High School students.
After school care charges apply to full-day preschool students who are not picked up by 2:15, Kindergarten students who are not picked up by 2:30, Elementary students who are not picked up by 3:15, and Middle School students who are not picked up by 3:30.
If your family includes students in preschool and/or elementary as well as middle and/or high school, please see the After School Director for information on adjusted pick-up times.
When a student is not picked up by 6:00 p.m., a late fee of $10 will be assessed for any portion of each 10-minute segment that follows.
After-school care is not available when school is closed, operates on a half-day schedule, or dismisses early due to weather.
Participation in the After School Care Program is a privilege and will be extended only to those students who establish patterns of acceptable behavior during this time.
Family Discount – Full tuition is billed for the oldest child in the family. Tuition for all other children, except preschool, is discounted 10%. This discount is for tuition only and does not apply to any other fees. (K-12 only)
Minister’s Discount – Full time, ordained ministers may qualify for a tuition discount of 50% per child. Please see the “Minister’s Discount” application online for more information. (K-12 only)
Referral Stipend – A referral stipend of $250 is available to current school families who refer a new family if that family enrolls and remains enrolled for the school year. The stipend is issued as a credit applied to the referring family’s tuition. Stipends are prorated if the new family leaves before the year is completed. (K-12 only)
Military Discount – A 10% tuition discount is available for families who have at least one parent on active military duty. Please see the “Active Military Discount” application online for more information. (K-12 only)
Legacy Discount – A $1,200 discount per student is available for full-time enrolled children of GCS graduates. Students enrolled less than full time are prorated as follows: Half-day Kindergarten– $900; Full-day Preschool (Three Day)- $800; Half-day Preschool (Five Days)- $700; Half-day Preschool (Three Days)- $600. (Available only to alumni not receiving staff or minister’s discounts)
All new families must complete the admissions process and be fully enrolled at Gaston Christian School before applying for financial aid.
- Step 1: Navigate below and click on the FACTS link to complete the online application
- Step 2: Submit your Federal Form 1040 Income Tax Return, W-2 forms, and supporting documentation for non-taxable income to FACTS. You can upload documents by logging into your online account or fax them to 866-315-9264. Draft or preview copy tax documents will not be accepted.
Please allow 2 weeks for your application and supporting tax documents to be processed before contacting FACTS.
Gaston Christian School does accept the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship.
Deadline for Financial Aid is May 1st. Applications received after the deadline will be processed based on the availability of funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How is your school accredited?
A: We are dually accredited through CESA (Council on Educational Standards & Accountability), previously known as SACS (Southern Association of Colleges & Schools), and AdvancED, now called Cognia.
Q: What are your school hours?
A: Preschool (3 year olds): 8:30 – 11:35 (half day) or 8:30 – 2:00 (full day)
Prekindergarten (4 year olds): 8:30 – 11:45 (half day) or 8:30 – 2:00 (full day)
Kindergarten: 8:15 – 12:00 (half day) or 8:15 – 2:10 (full day)
Elementary: 8:00 – 2:20 (1st & 2nd grade), 2:40 (3rd & 4th grade), 3:00 (5th grade)
Middle & High School: 7:45 – 3:00
Q: What is your average class size?
A: Each class may vary, but our goal is to have a maximum of 15 students in each Preschool class (2 teachers); a maximum of 20 students in each Kindergarten class; maximum 20 students in each Elementary class; Maximum of 22 students in each Middle & High School class.
Q: Do you have a dress code?
A: Modesty is our standard. All clothing must be clean, properly fitted, and neat in appearance. Dress should not distract from the learning process or attract undue attention to one’s appearance. Dress slacks, casual slacks or jeans may be worn to school. T-shirts and sweatshirts are permitted. Jeans must not be frayed or worn looking, with no holes, or patches. Sweatpants and yoga pants are not allowed. Knee-length shorts may be worn.
Q: How long has Gaston Christian School been around?
A: We were established in 1979 by a group of area pastors and interested Christian parents who believed that a need existed for a school that would provide a program of academic excellence and spiritual development in an orderly, God-honoring setting. The school opened its doors in 1980. The current campus sits on 66 acres at 1625 Lowell Bethesda Road.
Q: Tell me about your teachers.
A: All of our teachers are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree. We are proud that 47% of our middle and high school teachers have advanced degrees (Master’s or Ph.D). Teachers participate in continuing education on a regular basis. The average tenure of our K-12 teachers is 11 years. Our retention rate is 98%.
Q: What kind of athletic programs do you offer?
A: The Gaston Christian Eagles’ athletic program consists of 27 Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Middle School sports that include baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track and volleyball. We are a member of the Metrolina Athletic Conference and North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association. We also have a youth sports league called Junior Eagles for K-5th graders that was formed to equip these students with the skills and fundamentals of the sport in a Christ-centered environment.
Q: Do you have a religious affiliation?
A: No, we are a nondenominational, Christian school.
Q: Do you offer Advanced Placement courses?
A: Yes, We offer nine AP classes and 20 Honors courses.. Gaston Christian is a partner with NorthStar Academy for online courses. Juniors and Seniors also have the opportunity to enroll in the College and Career Promise Program through the NC Community College System. Both opportunities allow students to enroll in online courses not offered in our traditional program.
Q: Is your campus secure?
A: Yes, our student’s safety is of utmost importance. We have a retired Gaston County police officer on staff during school hours. We have security cameras around our campus as well as inside our buildings. Exterior doors are locked and students and visitors must be “buzzed” in by staff. Classroom doors are also closed and locked when class is in session. All rooms are equipped with Nightlock Lockdown keys in case of extreme emergencies. We have monthly fire, tornado and lockdown drills to prepare our students and staff for any campus emergency.
Q: Does your tuition include lunches?
A: No. Our students have the option to bring their lunch each day or order a ‘hot lunch’ to be delivered. We have partnered with five different community restaurants to offer options for our students. Hot lunches are ordered online a month in advance.
Q: Do you offer after school care?
A: Yes, after school care is available for students in Preschool through 8th grade. We also offer before school care for Preschool through 5th grade. Before and after school care is billed for the actual time used at a rate of $6.50 per hour. After school care is not available when school is closed, operates on a half-day schedule or dismisses early due to weather. ASC link
Q: Do you offer financial assistance?
A: There are two opportunities for financial aid (K-12 only). The North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship Program is available for families who meet certain income guidelines to receive up to $4,200 per student. Visit www.ncseaa.edu for more information and to apply.
The other option is through FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment which provides recommendations
to our GCS Financial Aid Committee. We provide grants based on need and availability of funds budgeted for tuition assistance.
Q: What extracurricular activities are available?
A: There are many opportunities for students to be active outside of their academics. In addition to our athletics, we offer Fine Arts classes including Art, Band, Chorus, Praise Team and Woodworking. There are many clubs including Interact, Junior Heart Board, Mock Trial Team, National Beta Club, and Student Government.
FINANCIAL AID Criteria
- Financial assistance is available to students currently enrolled in grades K-12 at Gaston Christian School. Preschool students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Student must be in good standing academically and behaviorally.
- Grantees must re-apply for financial aid each year.
- An award of financial aid in one year does not imply that financial aid will be awarded in succeeding years, nor does it imply that the amount of aid granted will be the same in succeeding years.
- Completion of the financial aid application is not a binding agreement that any assistance is available or will be granted.
- For GCS families, who have unexpected needs after the May 1 deadline, the financial aid application may still be submitted. Any aid will be dependent on the availability of funds in the financial aid budget.
COME CHECK US OUT
Visit Gaston Christian School
Come spend some time with us and discover how your child can be challenged and thrive in the exciting learning environment at Gaston Christian School.
SIGN UP FOR OUR SCHOOL BLOG
Early Childhood Office:
Elementary School Office:
Middle School Office:
High School Office:
FAX (704) 349-5027
FAX (704) 349-5027
Gaston Christian School
1625 Lowell Bethesda Rd. Gastonia, N.C. 28056
Gaston Christina School is the best private Christian school in Gaston County, North Carolina. We are also the best private Christian school in the following North Carolina counties: Mecklenburg County, Lincoln County, Cleveland County and York County. In addition to these counties, we are also the best private Christian school for Gastonia, Belmont, Cramerton, Lowell, Lincolnton, Bessemer City, Charlotte, Mt. Holly and the surrounding areas. If you want a premier private Christian education with top-tier instruction, athletics and extracurricular activities, Gaston Christian School is the best private Christian school in Gastonia, NC for you!