Thank you for your interest in attending Gaston Christian School (GCS). The International Student site contains very important information regarding your admission to the school. Please read all information carefully.
If you have any admission questions, do not hesitate to contact our International Student Coordinator, Mrs. Karen Brooks. They will be happy to assist you. The checklist below reviews all of the necessary forms and paperwork that must be submitted prior to the issuance of the I-20. Once all required documents have been received, the I-20 will be completed contingent upon acceptance.
QUICK PAGE LINKS
Gaston Christian School, Inc. admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate in the administration of its personnel or educational policies, admission policies, scholarships, athletic activities, or other school-administered programs.
GCS is committed to helping students mature spiritually and excel academically in order to help them impact the kingdom of God by living productive Christian lives. If pursuing this goal is not the desire of the student and his/her family, we will not have an effective partnership thus preventing us from developing a cooperative team effort.
Admission to GCS is based on the following:
- Prior academic and behavioral performance.
- Standardized test scores ( TOEFL Jr. 750+ and SLEP 50+) *willing to discuss other testing options.
- International Student Reference Forms.
- Phone/Skype Interview with school official.
Complete forms and Return to the Admissions Office for Processing, along with the $200 application fee.
Forms to submit via email, fax, or U.S. mail: (8th-12th grade)
- GCS Admission Application Packet or Agency Application Packet
- Agency Application Packet
- TOEFL Jr. test or SLEP score sheet
- Middle and/or High school transcripts (translated into English)
- School Reference
- Proof of financial eligibility
- Notified by email or phone call by the Admissions Director.
- GCS official will mail the I-20.
- Students must arrange an interview with the U.S. Embassy in their respective country to obtain an F-1 Visa.
- GCS Student Coordinator will contact student/agent with Homestay information.
- Full payment must be received prior to the first day of school before the student can be enrolled (Contact Business Office, (704) 349-5025).
- *Agency/Student must submit transcript translated into English for any courses taken outside of the United States.
- Submit the following forms:
- GCS Financial Policies for International Students
- Student Homestay Participation Form
- Proof of Health Insurance
- International Student Immunizations Form
- Current physical or health exam
If denied admission to GCS, you will be notified by email or phone call by a GCS official.
Hosting an International student can be an extremely rewarding experience for all members of a family. It is an opportunity to be involved in missions and ministry without even leaving your very own home. The mission field has come to America! GCS is seeking host families for the International Student Program. Please consider joining this opportunity to share Christ and change lives.
Cross-CULTURAL SUMMEr ADVENTURE
Gaston Christian School is a college preparatory school with a rigorous academic curriculum in conjunction with co-curricular enrichment opportunities. Consistent with this philosophy is the model for our Cross-Cultural Summer Adventure. Our summer camp is designed for international students in grades 7-10 to come to an American school and have an English immersion experience with domestic students in an enjoyable and engaging environment.
The camp is divided into three modules: Interdisciplinary ELL, Ecology, and Drama. English is the language of instruction in the classroom as well as during other camp activities. This allows students to gain exposure to academic English as well as everyday conversational phrases. Interaction with American students will also benefit our visiting students as they interact with one another in and out of the classroom setting.
Our Cross-Cultural Summer Adventure will involve daily field trips; many supporting the curriculum that is taught that day. There will be follow-up activities to reinforce concepts woven into the ELL module to engage the students and make learning fun. There will also be opportunities for volunteering in the surrounding community and showcasing the talent of our visiting students.
The camp is a residential program utilizing host families. The homestay experience is a very important component of our program. We know that many of our students’ most vibrant memories will be of the time they spent with the members of their American homestay family, even though just for a brief time. The cultural exchange on the part of student and host family will prove to be invaluable to both.
COME CHECK US OUT
BE OUR GUEST
Come spend some time with us and discover why Gaston Christian School may be THE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
SIGN UP FOR OUR SCHOOL BLOG
Early Childhood Office:
Elementary School Office:
Middle School Office:
High School Office:
FAX (704) 349-5027
FAX (704) 349-5027
Gaston Christian School
1625 Lowell Bethesda Rd. Gastonia, N.C. 28056