Gaston Christian School is monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation carefully and is taking measures to ensure the health and safety of the GCS community in accordance with the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Gaston County Health and Human Services department. This site is updated as new details become available or information changes. We appreciate your patience during this process.
If you’ve tested positive, think you have Covid symptoms, or have been exposed to Covid
These policies and procedures are subject to change, especially as new information and guidance from local, state and national health officials become available.
- GCS employees and students are not permitted at GCS and should notify the school nurse immediately if:
- They or their child becomes sick with COVID-19 symptoms,
- They or their child is testing or test positive for or is diagnosed with COVID-19,
- They or their child has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed or suspected case,
To do this, please email the GCS nurses at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will notify all GCS employees and families if any known exposure to a person who tests positive for or is diagnosed with COVID-19 while maintaining confidentiality in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- If GCS learns that a child tests positive for or is diagnosed with COVID-19, then GCS will immediately begin contact tracing and then notify the families of the child or notify any staff members of close contact exposure via email or phone. Close contact is defined as “Someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period, starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to testing specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
- If an employee or student has close contact with someone who tests positive for or is diagnosed with COVID-19, you should stay home for 14 days after your last exposure to that person.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you can return to school after;
- 10 days have passed since symptoms began and
- No fever in the last 24 hours without fever-reducing medications and
- Symptoms have improved.
- If a family has multiple children at school and anyone within the household is being tested for COVID-19, the children are to remain at home until the test results are completed.
COME CHECK US OUT
Visit Gaston Christian School
Come spend some time with us and discover how your child can be challenged and thrive in the exciting learning environment at Gaston Christian School.
SIGN UP FOR OUR SCHOOL BLOG
Early Childhood Office:
Elementary School Office:
Middle School Office:
High School Office:
FAX (704) 349-5027
FAX (704) 349-5027
Gaston Christian School
1625 Lowell Bethesda Rd. Gastonia, N.C. 28056
Gaston Christina School is the best private Christian school in Gaston County, North Carolina. We are also the best private Christian school in the following North Carolina counties: Mecklenburg County, Lincoln County, Cleveland County and York County. In addition to these counties, we are also the best private Christian school for Gastonia, Belmont, Cramerton, Lowell, Lincolnton, Bessemer City, Charlotte, Mt. Holly and the surrounding areas. If you want a premier private Christian education with top-tier instruction, athletics and extracurricular activities, Gaston Christian School is the best private Christian school in Gastonia, NC for you!