Middle School football program follow-up meeting
GCS would like to invite you to a follow-up meeting to assess the possibility of a Middle School football program for the 2023-2024 School Year. For those that were not in attendance at the first meeting in November, the following items were discussed:
- GCS Football program will not diminish other sports programs and we will not recruit players for football. We are aware that it can change the dynamic of the school.
- Parents are currently working on a practice field and game field to use for the 2023-2024 Season.
- Next year, the middle school football program will only consist of 7th and 8th graders with the opportunity for 6th graders to be a part of the “practice squad”. This will ensure the coaches can limit any potential risk to the 6th graders for injury.
- Several parents have volunteered to coach and to raise money for the potential 2023-2024 football program.
- Future plans for a football stadium and practice field on campus were discussed, as we build to a JV and High School team in future years. That would come from fundraising and donations and would not come from tuition.
- The equipment for the football team will cost approximately $1,000 per student. This will be the responsibility of each player’s parents and/or future donations or fundraising efforts.
Now for the critical part of moving forward. We will have a follow-up meeting on January 9th, 2023 at the MO Owens Fine Arts building at 7:00 PM. In order for us to move forward, we need to know who is interested in potentially playing in the 2023-2024 season. If there are not enough students in attendance with interest in playing for the 2023-2024 season, we will not be moving forward with football next year.
We want to invite all parents, players, or supporters of a GCS football program in the future to attend this meeting on Jan 9th.
If your child is interested in playing for the 2023-2024 Middle School Football program and you will not be attending, please let us know with a response to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please pray for wisdom, discernment and guidance as we seek to embark on this new opportunity.
Dr. Marc Stout
Head of School