Welcome to Gaston Christian School. For the past 39 years, Gaston Christian School has ministered to thousands of students in this area. Our goal is to instill a biblical worldview in each of our students. We do this in an academically rigorous, yet safe environment. Our 850 students consistently score well above the national average on standardized tests. The Class of 2019, which was made up of 53 graduates, was offered over $3,500,000 in college scholarships.
To compliment the academic program we have an outstanding athletic program with over 25 teams representing our school. Furthermore, we offer competition through Mock Trial, Quiz Bowl, and Mu Alpha Theta. We have numerous clubs and mission trips for our high school students as well.
Our middle school and elementary programs prepare our students for the rigors of a college preparatory program. With age appropriate levels of homework, our students understand the need to work hard at school to prepare for college.
Technology plays a significant role in the life of our school, we currently have over 1300 computers, Chromebooks, laptops, Smart TVs, Smartboards, and 3D printers.
With 18 International Students attending Gaston Christian School, we offer a culturally diverse program that respects and honors our guests.
We would be honored to have you visit our campus and see why Gaston Christian School continues to experience significant growth at this time. This year our theme verse is taken from Proverbs 16:3, which says “Commit to the Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.” Our prayer for the 2019-20 school year is that as we commit our year to God, that He will richly bless our ministry to each and every member of the GCS family.
For His glory!
Marc Stout, PhD
Head of School
More about Dr. Marc Stout:
• Dr. Marc Stout grew up in Owensboro, KY. After high school, Dr. Stout joined the Air Force and served for four years in advanced electronics.
• Dr. Stout then completed his undergraduate degree and two Master’s Degrees from Troy University while teaching and coaching at Rocky Bayou Christian School in Niceville, Florida. At Rocky Bayou Christian School he served as the Athletic Director, basketball coach, football coach, track coach, Transportation Director, Middle School Principal, Admissions Director, Summer Camp Director, and Deputy Director of the school.
• In 1989, Dr. Stout was asked to become the Superintendent of Westminster Christian Academy in Opelousas, LA. He served in that position for seven years and provided oversight for amazing growth at Westminster. The school grew from one campus to four, enrollment went from 400 students to over 1000 and many new buildings were constructed.
• In 1997 Marc became the founding Headmaster for Dominion Christian High School in Marietta, GA. He served in that capacity for 10 years and was instrumental in raising several million dollars as the school constructed a 40-acre campus to house the 275 high school students.
• In 2007 Marc was asked to join FACTS Management as Senior Strategist to assist Christian schools in strategic planning, institutional advancement, and enrollment growth.
• In 2009 Marc left FACTS to go to Afghanistan as the CEO of an Afghan-owned construction company. After 8 months he returned to the US and was hired by Gaston Christian School as their new Head of School.
• Over the past nine years, Dr. Stout has provided leadership, counsel, and assistance for the Administrative Team of Gaston Christian School. With increasing enrollment, aggressive technological advancements, a growing International Student Program, Dr. Stout has been a stable and visionary leader for GCS.
• Dr. Stout was inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame at Rocky Bayou Christian School in November 2013. He is a member of Rotary International and serves as a member of the board of the NCISAA.
• Dr. Stout and his wife Pam have been married for 43 years. They have 7 children and 24grandchildren. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling with his wife and playing golf.