Statement of Faith
Gaston Christian School
- We believe the Holy Bible, as contained in the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired, inerrant, authoritative Word of God, perfect in all it affirms and sets forth. The truth of scripture is dependent wholly on God and not on the testimony of any man or church. Scripture interprets scripture. II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21, Hebrews 4:12
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1, John 1:1, Hebrews 1:1
- We believe in the perfect Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death on the cross through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory to judge all mankind. Luke 2, the Gospel of John, Hebrews 10:5-27
- We believe in the work of the Holy Spirit to call man unto salvation and to indwell the Christian and empower him to seek and to live a godly life. I Cor. 3:16, Colossians 2:4-10, I John 3:1
- We believe that all men/women are created by God in His image. Having fallen, man is sinful in his present state before God and can be saved only by the redeeming grace of God. Romans 3:10-18, 23, Ephesians 2:1-22
- We believe that faith in Jesus Christ alone, as both Lord and Savior, by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit is the only way of Salvation for a lost and sinful person. John 14:6, Acts 4:12, John 4:24, Hebrews 11:1-6
- We believe in the resurrection of all mankind–those who are called and saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29, Colossians 3
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers who call on Jesus Christ alone to be their Lord and Savior. Romans 1:11-12, Ephesians 4:4-6, Ephesians 1:15-23, I Corinthians 2
- We believe that according to the Bible, a Christian shall by his/her life testimony, be a member, supportive and involved in a local church of his/her choosing. Hebrews 10:19-25
Gaston Christian School’s Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1Cor 6:9-10.)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Gaston Christian School as a Christian ministry, and to provide a biblical role model to the Gaston Christian students and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Gaston Christian School in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22.)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Gaston Christian School.